Our contact details:
- Simon Walker
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Your IP address
- Your browser's user agent string
- Your IRC NickServ account name
- Your full IRC hostmask (including your nickname, username, and hostname).
How we get the personal information
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us by your interactions with the website or the bot:
- When you communicate with the bot on IRC
- When you communicate in a channel on IRC where the bot is present
- When you run commands on the bot on IRC
- When you access pages on this website
Why we collect the personal information
We use the personal information we collect for:
- Making sure the application functions properly
- Prevention of abuse
- Authorisation and access control
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- We have a legitimate interest
Sharing of personal data
Where necessary, we may share personal data with channel operators, group contacts, and network staff for the purposes of abuse prevention.
We may also share your data when there is a legal requirement to do so, for example with the Police or similar organisations for security purposes.
Hostmasks used for access control purposes are shared publicly.
How we store your personal information
Your data is securely stored within data centres within the UK.
We keep browser-obtained information (IP addresses and user agents) for no more than 14 days.
We keep IRC logs of all messages received for no more than 1 month.
We keep logs of commands executed on the bot including your NickServ account name and IRC hostmask indefinitely.
We keep data used for access control for the duration the access control entry is required.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at https://stwalkerster.co.uk/contact if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at https://stwalkerster.co.uk/contact.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk